SEARCH

http://www.medicalook.com
    FORUM HUMAN ANATOMY DISEASES LIST DRUGS LIST

Medical Discussion » Dipyrone reviews

Dipyrone reviews

Page: 1

Author Post
enrique
I am a dr. I have used Dypyrone for more than 25 years and i have never seen an agranulocytosis case related. In my coubtry is the most used for postoperative pain
Suzana Scherzer
glad to receive this information; until now I used it any time I needed a pain killer
Dipyrone is a popular medicine used to treat headaches in many countries, but it is not available in others (particularly the USA and UK) because of its association with potentially life-threatening blood disorders such as agranulocytosis.

This review identified four trials of dipyrone for headache involving a total of 636 adult patients. The quality of the trials was generally high. Three of the four trials specifically evaluated dipyrone's effect on headache pain. The results suggest that dipyrone effectively relieves tension-type ('muscle contraction') headache pain when taken by mouth (one trial) or given intravenously (one trial), and that dipyrone effectively relieves migraine headache pain when given intravenously (one trial). At a dose of 1 g, the oral form of dipyrone was more effective than a 1 g dose of aspirin for tension-type headache pain.

Only two of the four included trials provided information on side effects. No serious side effects were reported. However, the most serious potential side effect related to dipyrone, agranulocytosis, is rare and would probably not be observed in such a relatively small sample. A study is now being conducted in Latin America which may help estimate more precisely the risk of agranulocytosis in patients taking dipyrone.
« Last edit by God on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 pm. »

Page: 1

Medical Discussion » Dipyrone reviews

©2007-2015 medicalook.com All rights reserved About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement